Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017 (Tosh's Diary)




January 1, 2017

My heart is not really a heart.  It’s a drone looking for a subject.  Today is the first day of the new year.  I have a lot to look forward to.  I have been thinking about our upcoming President, and as I was drinking at the wine bar in Gelson’s market (on Hyperion) late last night. I had thoughts that I was becoming too negative.  Perhaps I should be more supportive of our soon-to-be President.  I’m thinking of starting up a committee to raise funds to build a nice statue of our incoming President.   

This, of course, will be a non-profit or no profit project, which must be a strange thing to do in the Trump world.  But I think to honor him even before he enters the White House, or even say, his Trump Tower as the President would be a very nice gesture.  The fact is I voted against him, and clearly, I lost, or we lost, and we just have to get up from the bar’s floor and make a new day.  



I thought of approaching the Trump foundation to see if they could grant us funds to build the statue, but alas, I think it’s best that the funding should come from citizens than say from the Government.   I’m not clear if the Trump Foundation is now part of the Government or just a side-business type of thing - but alas, that is not really a concern of mine.  I think what I need to do this morning is think of an artist who can do the job, and it is a job. It would be great to find an artist to donate his services and vision to make this statue, but I think that is asking way too much. 




The location I’m thinking of at the moment is Silver Lake Meadow, where the reservoir is located.  There is a large amount of grass area that would be the perfect spot to build or place the Trump statue.   I can see in the future, where families can gather around the statue to have picnics and of course, enjoy the California sunshine.   Also, I think it will be a great civic thing to do for Los Angeles.  In Tokyo, there is the dog statue that is placed right outside the Shibuya station.  It is a very well known meeting place, and right now, Los Angeles doesn’t have an official meeting place.  I can see future generations or visitors to our city saying ‘oh let’s meet up at the Trump statue.  It will be such an obvious place. I’m sure it will be known around the world.   When it comes to Silver Lake I’m very civic-minded.   Must make plans now!


No comments: